NashBitDevs Socratic Seminar #7
May 9 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Date: *Tuesday, May 9th, 2023*
Doors open: 5:00p CT
NashBitDevs is inspired by the original BitDevs NYC and similar meetups to help grow a community in the Nashville area of those interested in discussing and participating in the research and development of Bitcoin and related protocols (i.e. Lightning, Fedi, Stratum, etc.) and software. You can be well versed with or new to the topics, all are welcome. Be advised: discussion will be technical.
Discussion topics are collated by meetup members from a variety of sources: pull requests in popular git repositories, research papers, technical blog posts, IRC logs, network monitors, and more.
Please contact the organizers if you’d like to present at a future Socratic event or have a recommended topic for discussion.
For information and topics covered in past and future meetups see: [https://nashbitdevs.org](https://nashbitdevs.org/)
5:00p – 6:00pm- Pizza, meet & greet, and general hang
6:00p – 7:30pm- Socratic Seminar where we discuss various Bitcoin topics
7:30/8pm- Further hanging at [The Villager Tavern](https://www.thevillagertavern-nashville.com/) right down the street from the Park
If this is your first time at one of our meetups, we have a few simple guidelines to enhance everyone’s experience:
* our meetups and events have a simple and singular focus: Bitcoin. All of our topics and discussions will be centered around Bitcoin, the global monetary network, and bitcoin, the reserve asset. If you are interested in crypto tokens, stocks, blockchains, altcoins, alternative investing, NFTs, etc. that is completely fine. There are a number of other meetups to join. This meetup however is just focused on Bitcoin
* please *no photos* unless everyone agrees and there are not any other folks in the background. We respect everyone’s privacy and want everyone to feel comfortable as they participate
* while the group discussion is going, please keep side conversations to *none.* With the acoustics of the room and the number of people we expect, any conversations will echo and be a distraction for those who are trying to listen many of whom have traveled a long way to participate
* please pick up after yourself
* please park in any of the free parking streets behind the Park or the side streets but please do not park behind the church in their parking lot